Virtici is seeking a highly innovative and entrepreneurial-minded Scientist with a strong interest in therapeutic product development. Virtici provides scientists with the unique opportunity to expand science skills and product development experience in the biotechnology industry. By spearheading research programs, the successful candidate will become a key leader in product development strategy and in the generation of datasets to support clinical study plans and partnership activity. The ideal candidate must have a strong interest and experience in immunology and/or neurobiology research.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and perform murine in vivo research studies to support drug discovery.
- Complete basic cellular biology and bioanalytical assays (mammalian cell culture, bacterial culture, ELISA, binding analysis, etc.).
- Analyze data and prepare results for internal and partner presentation.
- Present in meetings and take ownership of projects.
- Actively participate in setting annual goals and self-evaluation processes to ensure individual and team objectives are met.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Advanced degree (PhD and/or MD) in the life sciences
- A minimum of 2 years Postdoctoral research experience
- Experience conducting animal studies (animal handling, aseptic technique, oral gavage, SQ/IM/IP injections, etc.)
- Experience handling bacterial and mammalian cell culture and performing basic bioanalytical assays
- Strong communication skills and comfort in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Ability to contribute in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Strong sense of responsibility for deadlines
- Rigor and attention to detail in all aspects of science
- Ability to exercise discretion when handling sensitive information
Key Growth Benefits
- Develop new therapeutics for unmet disease needs
- Gain business development experience in biotechnology
- Learn from seasoned entrepreneurs and business executives
- Build experience in intellectual property and patents
- Attend and present at scientific meetings
- Expand relationships and connections with leading academic innovators and global biotechnology and pharmaceutical partners