Virtici is seeking a Research Associate to support our product development programs and contribute to the ideation and strategy for future projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest and experience in immunology research. They will be responsible for performing both cellular and animal model studies. The individual is expected to spend 80% of their time conducting research, analyzing data, and attending program meetings, and 20% of their time assisting with operational tasks. This position offers a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial minded individual to advance their skills and broaden their experience as they build a career in the biotechnology industry.
Permanent, full-time employee
Commensurate with experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform murine in vivo research studies to support drug discovery, including contributing to the study design and execution.
- Complete basic cellular biology and bioanalytical assays (mammalian cell culture, bacteria culture, ELISA, binding analysis, etc.)
- Analyze data and prepare results for internal presentation
- Present in meetings and take ownership of projects or portions of projects.
- Assist with laboratory maintenance (autoclaving, chemical inventory, reagent preparation)
- Actively participate in setting annual goals and self-evaluation processes working with manager to ensure individual and team objectives are met.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- BS or MS degree in biology, microbiology, immunology, or related field and 3+ years of relevant laboratory experience
- Experience conducting animal studies (animal handling, aseptic technique, oral gavage, SQ/IM/IP injections, etc.)
- Experience handling bacterial and mammalian cell culture and performing basic bioanalytical assays
- Effective communication skills and comfort in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of statistical analyses and software
- Strong sense of responsibility and able to work independently
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Virtici is an innovation and product development company. We work with a growing ecosystem of world-class scientists, universities, businesses, and investment groups. Together we increase our reach and capital, resulting in enhanced innovation, cost-efficient product development, and more valuable medical products for patients. Virtici is built on the foundation that life changing products are developed through innovation, hard work, and determination. Guided by our core values of innovation, integrity, dedication, teamwork and improvement, the Virtici team focuses on solving life’s biggest health challenges, creating and transforming scientific innovations into life changing medical products. We are always looking for extraordinary people with exceptional creativity and enthusiasm. Every employee contributes to shaping the future of the company. In our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, team members are expected to help solve big health-related problems.
To apply, please send your resume/CV to email@example.com.